“I have confidence that spring will come again, Besides which you see I have confidence in me”
Edited by Florrie Clarke of Intrinsically Florrie
Within this week’s links I kept noticing a resounding honestly in the heartfelt posts. When we blog or choose an outfit we are putting ourselves out there for all to judge, and it’s not surprising that doing the activity can have an affect on our confidence for better or for worse, especially when feedback starts coming in.
There’s also been a sense of rebellion in the air: from the emergence of the punk style to controversy over Vogue, and in the week that saw the spectacle which is the Golden Globes rises a questioning of what the red carpet is all about.
Links à la Mode: January 20th
- A la Modest Drawing inspiration from Kabukis, Rainbow Brite, Ladytron, and Padmé Amidala while on Tatooine
- Antares: Alfa Scorpii Fashion without mercy: do I have to choose between fashion and my beliefs?
- By Anika Who gets to label me and my worth? I do! An honest account from this curvy fashionista who fiercely supports all of our rights to label, embrace and love our fashionable selves, what ever our size.
- City of Glitter To Cover-up or Not To Cover-up? A post exploring foundation and its role in our self-esteem.
- Crimson Rosella Blogging: A Self-confidence booster?
- Depict This The challenge of wearing vintage clothing in the real world
- Elle Enchanted My take on what bloggers need to consider before accepting a sponsor.
- Fashezine Inspired by Jennine Jacob’s post on how fashion blogs will evolve in 2011, I thought I’d try my hand at a video.
- Fashion Limbo Online Christmas Shopping, the Aftermath – on lost packages, refunds and independent retailers.
- Fuyume The demise of the kimono industry.
- Fish Monkey’s Writing Stuff Why I don’t think that red carpets have any relevance to fashion.
- Independent Fashion Bloggers: 5 Tips for Taking Better Photos of Yourself
- Intrinsically Florrie The fashion show that’s made me impatient for summer.
- Karma-Style Blog Lady Gaga and Nicki Minaj have ‘FoF’ – Fearlessness of Fashion. Do you?
- My Heart Blogged Falling head over flats. My flats collections, and why you don’t see me wearing heels.
- Scarlet Letter Style Why is the fashion world so critical? I have an idea on how to fix it
- The Column of Samantha Tyler Of Punks and their influence on Fashion
- The Fashion Pawn The fourth part of The B.O.B Series discusses all “About You:” Tips for your About You Page.
- The-Loud Mouth Sometimes, garbage piles up: Fashion blogging isn’t just a hobby. For some, it can be an emotional release.
- The Taxonomy Of My Wardrobe Three Strikes Vogue – You’re Out! Three examples of how the fashion bible is inexcusably out of touch with readers and losing relevance in today’s world
- The Simply Luxorious Life Why Not . . . Create Your Own Signature Style?